- To propose a scientific strategy regarding the standardization, validation and clinical utility of immune-oncology biomarkers.
- To publish guidelines on these topics.
- To propose research projects within this framework.
- The core group of the Working Group has as its main task liaising other societies (ASCO, ESMO, AACR, BIG, etc…) in order to establish collaborations and increase added value of the Working Group to ongoing or still to establish developments and projects in the Immuno-Oncology Biomarker area.
- To prioritize the collaboration between research groups so to developed studies with large amounts of patients which is only beneficial in the development of adequately powered studies.